As a Video Editor, you will work alongside the Director of Videography, taking footage from past events and editing clips together to share all the great stuff EMW has been a part of for many years. The types of events you will be editing are spoken word open mics, gallery openings, drink salon panels, DJ shows, concerts, and more!
Getting direction from the director on which event to edit and how to build narratives from unedited footage.
Editing videos in a timely manner and uploading the finished file when done into our shared drive.
- Review raw material and trim footage segments and put together in logical sequence
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Consult with artists, organizers, and videographers from production to post-production process
A keen eye while scrubbing through footage to make sure beautiful moments are seen and relived again onscreen.
Familiarity with editing software, like Final Cut 7 or X, Adobe Premiere, or AVID Media Composer. Audio editing/graphic design skills preferred as well, but not required.
- Understand uploading & downloading footage to clouds, like Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc. And make sure to inform the director when tasks are completed.
TYPE OF POSITION
4-6 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Like what you see? Apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Video Editor Application" in the subject line. Please attach the following:
- Portfolio or Personal Website
We especially encourage women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ people to apply!
Accepting applications on a rolling basis. We seek to fill these positions immediately! If you have any questions, let us know at email@example.com.