Social Media Intern
As EMW's Social Media Intern, you'll work alongside the Communications Director and be directly involved in the various aspects of marketing an arts, technology, and community center in Cambridge.
- Work with the Communications Director to develop and maintain a regular social media presence across key platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat).
- Promote EMW programming and community events via social media and community calendars.
- Develop an internal "content calendar" to schedule newsletters and social media content for regular EMW programming.
- Facilitate handout of physical flyers and print materials to local organizations, businesses, and institutions.
- Assist the Communications Director as needed.
- Strong proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
- Demonstrable ability to write clean, effective copy across multiple social media platforms.
- An understanding of EMW's core values, and an ability to communicate those values effectively in social media copy.
- Good grasp of social justice language.
- Experience with cross-platform social media engagement.
- Experience with email marketing preferred.
type of position
- 4 hours per week
how to apply
Like what you see? Apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Social Media Intern Application" in the subject line. Please attach the following:
- Cover letter
(And be prepared to demonstrate your social media savvy, either in-person or in your application!)
Accepting applications on a rolling basis. We seek to fill these positions immediately, so apply as soon as you can! If you have any questions, let us know at email@example.com.
We especially encourage women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ people to apply!