DEVELOPMENT INTERN (PART TIME)
The Development Intern will report jointly to the Development Director and the Programs Director, and is responsible for collecting and managing data needed for grant reports and donor materials. The Development Intern will also be responsible for the upkeep of development databases and related information. When appropriate, the Development Intern will attend meetings, present survey results, and assist in identifying prospective donors with the Development Team. The Development Intern may also be asked to compose copy for outreach and fundraising. Additional assignments may be requested by the Development Director or Development Associate. This position is based in Cambridge, MA with the option to work remotely at times. This position is unpaid. 7-10 hours per week.
- Meeting with the Development Team to discuss prospective donors and donor relationships;
- Reporting new prospects and research data to the Development Team;
- Preparing data in visually appealing ways for presentations and other public-facing materials.
- Entering donor information into the Salesforce database;
- Updating the Salesforce database to reflect interactions with prospects, including logging donations and maintaining grant databases;
- Conducting surveys of the EMW community;
- Generating reports on data needed for grant reports and donor materials.
- Conducting research of prospective donors as needed;
- Composing profiles of prospective donors to present to the Development Team, meeting a certain quota as agreed upon between the Development Director and Development Intern.
- Creating introductory materials in coordination with the Development Team, Design Team, and Programs Director.
- Required: Impeccable organizational skills
- Required: Excellent research, writing, and computer skills
- Required: Outgoing personality, team player, and confident speaker
- Required: Professional presentation
- Preferred: Previous development experience
- Preferred: Passion for arts, tech, and social justice issues
- Nice-to-Have: Experience with Salesforce
- 7 - 10 hours / week
HOW TO APPLY
Like what you see? Apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Development Intern Application" in the subject line.
Please attach the following: