Read-A-THON Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How does the Read-A-Thon work?
A Read-A-Thon is essentially the same as a walk for x cause or riding your bike for y charity. You choose write a statement about why you care about EMW on your personal page, post updates on what you're reading (this can be a photo, an excerpt, or a reflection), and ask people to support the cause that you care so much about!
- Are there events associated with the campaign?
There will be a number of events associated with the read-a-thon including a kickoff dinner on February 7th, a trivia night, library hours (Weds 6 pm - 8 pm), and the Community Library's 2nd anniversary celebration on Saturday, April 28th.
- How many books do I need to read to enter?
As many or as few as you decide. You set your own goal and do what feels good for you!
- Can I read things like chapbooks, comics, and shorter works?
Anything goes - what matters is that it aligns with our values!
- Will you provide guidance on how to spread the word in my networks once I register?
Yes! We will send templates and other tips throughout the campaign.
- What are Teams, and do I have to join one?
- I hear there are prizes... how do I win one?
Teams and Individuals can win prizes! For example, the first three individuals to raise $500 will receive movie tickets to the Brattle Theatre or the Coolidge Corner Theatre. The team that raises the most money will win a party at Lucky Strike. Visit the prizes page to learn more!
Still have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org